READ BEFORE DISCLOSING INFORMATION Last Updated on: March 18th, 2013
∙ Wicked Cool is committed to protecting personal information of its Service users and clients.
∙ We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
∙ Parents are urged to supervise their children’s activities online.
∙ This policy applies to all information that identifies a particular individual.
∙ Personal information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the form of consent required by law.
∙ Use of personal information is limited.
∙ We take steps to protect personal information.
∙ We keep personal information for a reasonable period of time only.
∙ We may gather non-personal information by means of cookies, beacons and other technology.
∙ Ad companies collect anonymous data. You have options.
∙ Protect your personal information from disclosure on social communication networks.
∙ We provide links to third party websites only as a convenience. Make sure to review their privacy policies.
∙ You have control over certain of your personal information.
∙ You can ask privacy questions.
Wicked Cool is committed to protecting personal information of its Service users and clients.
When you provide us with your or your child’s personal information, you acknowledge that the information will be stored and processed on servers located in the United States. In the future, our business may require that we contract with service providers outside the United States to carry out certain functions on our behalf such as data back-up or storage. In such situations, such service providers will be contractually obliged not to disclose your and/or your child’s personal information except where authorized to do so by law or by Wicked Cool. Should a need to transfer your and/or your child’s personal information arise, we will ensure that the selected service providers meet our privacy standards before we enter into contracts with them. We will also require them to secure and maintain confidentiality over your information.
We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Some parts of the Service offered by Wicked Cool are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under this age through the Service.
The information we collect from you or your child enables participation in the Service.
– Registration. During the registration process, the child may be asked to set up a user name and password. Your child should not use any personally identifiable information as his or her user name, as this user name may be visible to others on the Service.
– Surveys and Feedback: We may collect aggregate information in connection with surveys or other online activities that allow your child to give us feedback. We do not collect any personally identifiable information in connection with surveys or feedback requests, nor is the information provided connected to any personally identifiable information we may have about the child.
– Email Communication from You: If your child contacts us by email or enters an email address when participating in a contest, we use the email address only to respond one time to your child’s specific request and, if legally permissible, to notify them if they won a contest.
– Mail Communication from You: If your child wants to contact us by mail, and the Service provides a submission form for such communication, you may do so using such submission form. The submission form may ask for your child’s user name and name of his or her game character, and your (the parent’s) name and signature.
– Safety and Security: We may collect your child’s name and email address and yours as well as other personal information, with applicable notice to you and consent, if necessary, for your child’s safety. We may also collect your child’s name and email address for the limited purposes of protecting the security and integrity of the Service, taking precautions against liability, responding to the judicial process, as we may determine in our reasonable judgment is advisable to protect our users, ourselves, our partners, agents and providers, and the general public or for law enforcement on a matter related to public safety.
Parents are urged to supervise their children’s activities online.
Wicked Cool urges all parents and legal guardians to supervise their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information online. If you reside in the United States, we encourage you to visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec08.shtm for more information about COPPA and children’s privacy.
If you are a parent or legal guardian and will be purchasing licenses for codes to Service-related products or services and sending the purchased codes to your child, please be advised that such activity may correlate your child’s user account information to your personal information obtained during the purchase process. Although Wicked Cool does not generally correlate this data, in rare circumstances this may be necessary to assist with your use of the Service, or otherwise. In compliance with applicable laws we must inform you of the possible correlation and obtain your consent to such correlation should it occur.
This policy applies to all information that identifies a particular individual.
When you interact with Wicked Cool, we may collect and store information from you directly as described below. Wicked Cool collects personal information that is voluntarily provided by you when you order a product, enter promotions, answer our polls or surveys, register on the Service, or communicate with us by mail, telephone or electronically. Wicked Cool also collects personal and non-personal information automatically as described below. The type of information we collect and maintain may include your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, purchase history, complaints you may have about our products or services, a record of promotions offered to you, and your Wicked Cool product preferences. Other information, such as your IP address, system information (including operating system, browser type, available software and hardware), whether you were referred to us by a search engine (including the search term(s) used to find us), and how much time you spend using the Service are collected to improve the Service and messaging efficiency, learn more about where our users come from and understand how our users use and ways to improve our Service.
We may allow you to “register” with us by using Facebook Connect or other Social Networking Service (“SNS”) authentication options to create an account or profile on the Service.
Personal information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the form of consent required by law.
Use of personal information is limited.
Wicked Cool collects personal information for the following reasons:
– To provide you with the products or services you have requested, including processing your payment on www.scanimalz.com;
– To better understand you, to allow us to serve you better through enhanced products, customer service and directed promotional efforts of particular interest;
– To properly investigate and respond to any complaints, questions or concerns you may have about our products or services; and
– To determine your eligibility for our products and the Service.
If you opt in to receive offers, promotions or other information from Wicked Cool, your information will be used to provide you with promotional offers for Wicked Cool products that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our products and services. If you have opted in to receive these offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date. Wicked Cool does not collect, use or disclose your personal information for online behavioral advertising purposes.
In addition to this inter-corporate sharing, Wicked Cool may disclose personal information to third parties as follows:
– To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, Wicked Cool may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, legal and security audits, payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the confidentiality, privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
– To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect the company’s rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against what we believe in our sole and absolute discretion to be a misuse or unauthorized use of our Service; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe our or our affiliate’s integrity requires protection or someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
– To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving Wicked Cool or any of its related entities or divisions such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to Wicked Cool’s customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, Wicked Cool would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to Wicked Cool’s successor-in-interest to be used only for the purposes for which it was collected.
We take steps to protect personal information.
Wicked Cool has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords, firewalls and Secure Socket Layers, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
We keep personal information for a reasonable period of time only.
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected, for the security of Wicked Cool and the Service or to protect users, the public or third parties and to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods and corporate best practices.
We may gather non-personal information by means of cookies, beacons and other technology.
We may gather non-personal information on an anonymous, aggregate basis. This information is not kept, used or disclosed at the individual level, but may be disclosed to third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. We may collect such information through unique identifiers such as cookies (which may be HTML files, Flash files, or other technology), web beacons, or similar technologies for analytical purposes, routine system administration, to make our Service more interesting and useful to you, or to manage content delivery. For instance,
– We use technology to track traffic patterns on the Service. Once you have logged into the Service, we track your activities by using logs of database transactions and server interactions. We also use this information to understand which areas of our Service are most appealing or least appealing or to deliver content that is specific to your country or area of residence;
Third Party Sites, Ad Servers, and Sponsors.
From time to time, we and/or our advertisers may use third-party advertising service providers to present or serve ads on the Service. Outside the Service, these companies may use cookie-based ad serving technology for the purpose of (i) ad delivery and reporting; and (ii) re-targeting and/or online advanced targeting. Furthermore, to monitor usage or transfer of content to another site or location and to collect advertising metrics, these third parties may view, edit or set their own cookies or similar technologies.
Although the third-party advertising service providers may not have access to tracking technologies set by Wicked Cool, or any of your personal information collected on the Service, they may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies and/or they may otherwise have access to information about you. The use of such technology by these third parties is within their control and not ours. Even if Wicked Cool has a relationship with the third party, it does not control their sites or policies and practices regarding your information.
Protect your personal information from disclosure on social communication networks.
Please note that any information that you submit in public user profiles, on message boards or in similar forums on the Service can be read, collected, or used by others. Your passwords should be both easy to remember, but hard to guess and not shared with anyone (other than a child sharing their passwords with their parents or legal guardians). You should not access your account from a shared computer or device or a public computer or device to avoid the unauthorized accessing of your account. It is recommended that you not store your logins/passwords on your computer or device in case it falls into the hands of someone else. Please note that Wicked Cool is not responsible for information you choose to submit in the forums, nor anyone accessing your account through the use of your passwords or otherwise.
We provide links to third party websites only as a convenience. Make sure to review their privacy policies.
While using the Service, you may, through hypertext or other computer “links,” gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated by Wicked Cool. Wicked Cool is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Wicked Cool of the website linked to. WHILE THESE LINKS HAVE BEEN REVIEWED AT THE TIME THEY ARE POSTED, WEBSITES AND SERVICES CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THEY REMAIN APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN, SAFE, PRIVATE OR SECURE. WICKED COOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON THE SERVICE. Unless otherwise indicated on the Service, Wicked Cool is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked websites, and trademarks used in connection with the linked websites are not trademarks of Wicked Cool. You should be aware that each of these third-party websites or services is governed by a different set of terms and policies with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Make sure to review their privacy policies before using them and preview them for appropriate content before allowing your children to access them.
You have control over certain of your personal information.
You may choose not to receive certain email from us, even after granting permission initially, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email. (You may not unsubscribe from communications related to your Account administration or the processing of your transactions.) Certain jurisdictions require that we provide a copy of the personal information we have on file about your or your child. If your jurisdiction requires this, unless otherwise required by applicable law, all requests for a copy of the personal information we have on file about you must be made in writing and by postal mail addressed to: Privacy Officer, Wicked Cool Toys, LLC, 10 Canal Street, Suite 327, Bristol, PA, 19007. Wicked Cool may require that you identify yourself to our satisfaction. In the event that you are unable to identify yourself or your legal rights to obtain your child’s personal information we have on file, Wicked Cool may, consistent with applicable law, decline to provide this information. If we so decline, we will provide the reason(s).
Personal information provided by email may not be secure, and you assume the risks associated with your email transmission or our reply.
You can ask privacy questions.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as S.B. 27 or the “Shine the Light” law), if you are a California resident and your business relationship with Wicked Cool is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding Wicked Cool’s disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line; you may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by email, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by S.B. 27’s requirements.